Nabil fell in love with Below Deck last year when he began a one-way, on-again, off-again relationship with this man:
So now, even though Ben is not on the show this season, we continue to watch. In honor of this yachty show, we made a fancy, seaworthy dish that was wildly easy to do.
Fresh Peppercorn Pan-Seared Tuna
- 2 (~5 ounce) ahi tuna steaks
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns, whole
- Salt & pepper to season
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Season tuna steaks generously with salt and ground pepper.
- Set pan on slightly-above-medium temperature.
- Drop olive in pan with a flourish of the wrist.
- Once oil is hot, drop peppercorns into the oil and cover with a lid for three minutes so the peppercorns pop and get a little mushy.
- Place the tuna in the pan, searing each side for 1 1/2 minutes on each side for relatively rare doneness.
Pop culture enthusiast. Lover of all things Philly. Amateur Chef. Planner of fun date nights.