Entertainment: Edgar Allen Poe House
Food: No Libs Restaurant Crawl on 2nd Street
Yesterday, we went to the Edgar Allan Poe house for some spooky fun and then hit the 2nd Street Festival in Northern Liberties for an amazing food crawl. You can replicate this date easily though without having to wait for the next 2nd Street Festival as the area is lined with fantastic restaurants and I’ve lined up a perfectly curated stroll for you. Just keep on scrolling.
I’d recommend getting your homework out of the way with the Edgar Allan Poe stop first. This will be a super fun activity as the weather gets chillier and the vibe gets spookier.
About Edgar Allan Poe House:
- Poe lived here for about a year.
- It’s FREE.
- The cellar from The Black Cat is in this house. The door shuts behind you and it is dark and creepy. When the door closed, my husband turned and looked my shadowy frame up and down, steadying his gaze at my none-too-well-brushed hair and said, “You look scary as shit.” Call me sensitive, but I couldn’t help but take it personally. YOU WILL LOVE IT. Just go, Sensitive Sallies.
- There’s a must-see eight minute movie they will play for you when you first walk in. Don’t skip.
- The whole shabang will take about 25 minutes.
Next stop, 2nd street for some grub. My recommendations would be:
- Bourbon & Branch – Both the chicken and pork tacos are excellent.
- Standard Tap – Tons of fun beers to choose from on tap, friendly bartenders.
- Heritage – Very long beer list, a little pricey but they have a cute outdoor space.
- Jerry’s Bar – Dive bar that isn’t a dive bar. Try the meatballs.
- Urban Village – Whipped ricotta with sour dough is the bee’s knees.
Here are some pics from our food crawl.
Pop culture enthusiast. Lover of all things Philly. Amateur Chef. Planner of fun date nights.